Thursday, September 4, 2008

Those darn people that are apparently at least slightly smarter than I am...

Well it happened again... I am apparently a few years, and a few advanced degrees behind... I have been struggling to locate someone who cares and in my attempts I have turned to cyberspace with my story...

So, as per my daily routine, I was thinking about physics the other day and, quite frankly, started getting a little ticked. The problem was that I had to plug my iPod, lap top, cell phone, you name it, into a wall socket to charge the battery. I got upset because let's think about it for a moment. Why do I have to plug it in? Why can't we just pass energy wirelessly from a nearby source or two. Isn't that basically what all of our wireless signals are? Energy of one sort or another? Surely there is someone out there who can figure this out, who knows, maybe it is me! Well, it turns out that it isn't me. Apparently they have been working on this for a while and are having some measure of success. Not, of course, "every home in America will have one in the next 3 years" success, but one team working on it is claiming 90% efficiency at a distance of about 3 feet! Other teams as high as 75%. I am pretty sure that the guys working on this are also smart enough to know how the space/time continuum works and have gone first forward in time to the recent past when I had the idea, stole it from me, and then back in time to however many years ago, to begin work on the project. It is really the only feasible way to keep me from making money off of it... I may as well just tell them (well, tell you I guess, I am sure they have already ready this blog when they time travelled...) about planting these transmitters along the roads in major cities to power electric cars so they never have to stop. Think of the broad implications, not just in eneergy, but in traffic control, economy (if the government could eliminate gasoline expenditures, how much would that stimulate the economy?), the list goes on! ...sigh... Oh well... I guess I had better get to work on my next big thing... sorry, I won't be posting it here...

No comments: